Tuesday, May 3, 2016

...one month later...

Yesterday I finished the Kingdom of Holland line infantry for my long-run Pre-Bardin uniform project. That's one month after showing you the first pics.


What do you say? I'm really happy with those chaps, I like these colours.
Btw - the pre-Bardin half-breast uniform was officially worn only in a short period during 1806. After that, the closed breast variant was worn which is to be seen on so many planches showing the Dutch troops of that time. Nevertheless, uniforms were not changed 'en bloc' and that means that even the half-breast type was partially worn for some time in parallel to the other dress.


This was, in fact, usual practice in pre-industrialization era armies. Replacement of uniforms usually took quite a long time before it was completely finished. By the way- here's the officer and the drummer for my Kingdom of Holland troop setup.

In parallel, I finished a little single figure vignette for the forthcoming FIGZ in Arnhem next month.
FIGZ is only four weeks ahead - so if you have some time left on June 5th and like to see some really good 1/72 stuff plus lots of wargaming, come and visit FIGZ - entry is free!



3 comments:

  1. Excellent work on these figures Sascha! Is it just me but did you change your painting style?
    And good that you make some promotion for FIGZ! You will get good points from Remco!

    Greetings
    Peter

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. It's a good question if it's a 'new style' or not - I turned away from the eye painting because of practical reasons. And I'm going with harder contrasts since a while. Plus I cannot find a good lightened spot to make suitable photos with my poor equipment. I suppose it's the sum of all this.

    Question is: is it an improvement or not?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking at these figures, I think it is an improvement! I like them and the contrast between the colors is much better in my opinion!

    Greetings
    Peter

    ReplyDelete